The Diplomatic Council is a UN-accredited Diplomacy meets Business Organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. DC Members may carry the seal „Trusted Company – UN Consultative Status“. Here are the rules for the use of the seal.
- Each member of the Diplomatic Council is obliged to adhere to the DC Code of Ethics available at www.diplomatic-council.org/code-of-ethics at any time and in every respect.
- Each seal of the Diplomatic Council is to be used explicitly in the format and design as it was provided to the member: changes to the seal are strictly prohibited.
- The DC seal may be utilized for marketing and distribution purposes as well as for the digital communication (website, email signature) of the respective corporate member. Business partners of DC corporate members are not allowed to use the DC seal.
- The DC seal may be used in combination with the following wording: “COMPANY or PERSON is a proud member of the Diplomatic Council, a global think tank in consultative status with the United Nations”.
- The DC seal is created with the name of the corporate member’s company or the person´s name. The member is permitted to link the its website to the Diplomatic Council website which includes sub-pages in case of a thematic relation.
- The member is not allowed to create the impression that the company or the person is a personal consultant to the United Nations. In case of doubt, the Secretariat General is to be contacted to receive authorization on the wording; only the written confirmation by the Secretariat General is considered as an approval.
- The wording given below can be used for describing the Diplomatic Council. Extracts distorting the meaning of the attached wording are prohibited.
International Understanding as an Economic Mandate
The Diplomatic Council is a global think tank serving as a bridge between diplomacy, economy and society. Members of the Diplomatic Council believe that economic diplomacy provides a solid foundation for international understanding and a more peaceful interaction amongst nations. In recognition of this noble mission, the Diplomatic Council was granted the highest status available for a non-governmental organization: the consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations which provides a unique opportunity to the Diplomatic Council members to express their views and opinions, especially with respect to economic issues, to the 193 United Nations’ member states.
A thriving economy bringing prosperity to mankind is one of the best guarantors of peace. Based on this perception, the Diplomatic Council has transformed its goal of promoting international understanding into an economic mandate. The global DC business network is linked to the diplomatic communication level of the different DC member states granting DC members access to one of the most exclusive networks for business and social questions.
Diplomatic Council experts and leaders play a key role in consulting the ambassadors on how the economic principles can be transferred into the global diplomatic network. Vice versa the ambassadors use their diplomatic competency to ensure that the economic activities ultimately promote understanding amongst nations and safeguard peace.
Against this background, the Diplomatic Council welcomes personalities from diplomacy, economy and society who enjoy high degrees of acceptance, high levels of expertise and who pursue the same visions and values. Companies committed to corporate social responsibility are welcome to join the Diplomatic Council as corporate members.