Global Diversity Program
Chairwoman: Annika von Redwitz
The main aim of the Diplomatic Council is to contribute the power of diplomacy for peace and sustainability everywhere on earth. Worldwide cooperation is the only instrument which may help in solving international problems on any level: economical, social, cultural or humanitarian. The respect of human rights and fundamental freedom of people without differentiation in races, gender or religion should be cultivated and strengthened. As members the Diplomatic Council welcomes not solely members of the diplomatic or consular corps but also personalities from media, business, politics, science, society, culture and sports.”
Activities in the area of diversity & inclusion can help support the main aim of DC described above.
For the areas of Gender Diversity , Generational Diversity, Cultural Diversity, Inclusion for example:
- Organize speakers at related events
- Offer Design Thinking Workshops to find out about the situation and needs of a specific organization/corporation
- Offer coaching for females, managers, teams (career-/diversity coaching)
- Organize discussion rounds for managers, moderated by managers (safe to speak up in peer group)
- Present current KPIs, statistics
- Publish articles on relevant diversity topics
- Visibility for sustainable companies/startups
- Build networks of professionals involved in diversity work
Some of the suggestions are especially suited for the corporate world. DC would act as first contact, find out the needs and suggest activities/”tool-kit”, help connect people.
- The definition of Gender Diversity is how different genders are represented in a relevant setting. Working towards more Gender Diversity will lead to more Gender Equality, which means everyone should receive equal treatment and not be discriminated against based on their gender.
- Generational Diversity includes understanding the needs of different generations. With currently up to 5 generations in the workforce at the same time, it is necessary to communicate between the groups in order to share knowledge, experience and be innovative, which is crucial e.g. for a successful digital transformation.
- Cultural Diversity is the quality of diverse or different cultures, as opposed to monoculture, or a homogenization of cultures. Promoting cultural diversity and mutual respect for each others different cultures help people work and live together in a productive and harmonic way.
- Inclusion is about removing barriers, physically, socially, culturally, for people with disabilities. Connecting people working on these topics, showcasing good projects, publish articles are some ways to give more visibility for more inclusion worldwide.