The main aim of the Diplomatic Council is to contribute the power of diplomacy for peace everywhere on earth. Worldwide cooperation is the only instrument which may help in solving international problems on any level: economical, social, cultural or humanitarian. The respect of human rights and fundamental freedom of people without differentiation in races, gender or religion should be cultivated and strengthened.
For this purpose the Diplomatic Council supports numerous charitable projects appealing for donations. Participation fees and donations will be used for these projects. The Diplomatic Council currently supports the following projects:
- Global Health Card (global health card valid worldwide, especially for those countries with low medical healthcare for the population)
- DC workshops for ambassadors to inform on how to establish the medical infrastructure (focusing on Africa and Asia)
- Dhulikhei hospital in Kathmandu (supporting the extension of the hospital by means of European funding)
- Tareto Maa fights against female genital mutilation and forced child marriages
- Assistance for school and other projects in Nepal, e.g. a small company manufacturing paper of elephant’s dung.
- Sponsorship for the Eliya Orphanage in Sri Lanka (www.eliya-kinderheim-srilanka.com)
- DC Safer Internet for Children is a global DC Initiative agains child abuse.
- Zero Mothers Die is a global initiative to save the lives of pregnant women and their newborns.
Our President and Permanent Representative of the Diplomatic Council Sir Leslie R. Angel, High Commissioner of the Commonwealth of Nations, Ambassador and High Commissioner of the International Human Rights Commission was awarded the International Human Rights Defenders Award 2012 (Award for human rights defenders) of the International Human Rights Commission (IHRC). This award is granted to personalities who advocate for human rights, the equal treatment of woman and international peace and against poverty.
In being a member of the Diplomatic Council or by donating you automatically support our projects.